Every Cloudy Glass Has a Silver Lining
The only thing better than going to a dinner party is hosting one. The satisfaction that you get from bringing all your friends and/or family together to break bread is hard to beat. In the age of social media and instant messaging it’s reassuring to be able to sit down and actually talk to people over a great meal. Hosting can sometimes be hard work, and when you look back after it can feel like you weren’t even there. This is a shame, because there’s no reason that you shouldn’t enjoy it as much as your guests, especially for something such as cloudy glasses, which may seem small, but can spoil the perfection that you’ve worked so hard to achieve.
Whenever planning a dinner party it helps to break down everything that you have to do, so you can check them off ahead of time to help lift some of the stress. This doesn’t guarantee that you won’t be running around on the day feeling like you’re spinning plates, but it does mean that you’ll definitely have enough of them to serve food on!
So, have you remembered…
□ Place Settings?
□ Kids activities?
Glasses can often be a particular pain, because despite all the preparations you go to for presentation, when catering for a much larger group than usual, you’ll probably have to venture to the depths of the cupboard to provide glasses for everyone. If these glasses are cloudy, it may have just been something that has happened over time, but this process is sped up by water softeners on too high of a setting, overly long dishwasher program cycles, and wash temperatures being too high. Once glass cloudiness has set in, unfortunately it is generally irreversible, but there are things you can do to help escape the cycle of buying and throwing out glasses:
- Use Finish Quantum Max Shine and Protect, as this helps achieve a perfect clean, but also employs a unique glass protect action to shield them from going cloudy and dull.
- Check that glasses are dishwasher proof when buying.
- Make sure that any water softening units are on the correct setting.
- Use a glass washing cycle, if one is available, these are shorter and lower temperature.
- Let your glasses cool in the washing machine before removing them, open the door to allow steam to escape once the cycle has finished.
- Use Finish Dishwasher Cleaner to further protect against corrosion.
By keeping these few tips in mind, you should never have to feel held back by the problem of cloudy glasses again, and the image will be complete. Relax, take your time, and enjoy yourself comfortable in the knowledge that thanks to Finish, your glasses will be looking perfect for longer.