Dishwashers make cleaning dishes so easy, because everyone knows the hassle of washing individual dishes by hand. However, for every 99 washes that are perfect, you may find one that doesn’t fully wash your dishes. If this happens it could be for any number of reasons. In this article we’ll go over a few dishwasher problems and their causes, as well as tips for future dishwashing excellence the first time, every time.
There are a few obvious signs that a dishwasher is underperforming. The most common is that dishes, pans, and utensils remain unclean after you run your dishwasher. Others include: poor or no drainage (stagnant water remains sitting in your dishwasher after the cycle), or an unpleasant odor. These are a few indications that some part of your dishwasher isn’t performing as well as it could be.
- The primary reason dishwashers don't give you a great clean is not using a quality detergent and rinse aid, such as Finish® Quantum® and Finish® Jet Dry®.
- Consider that your dishwasher may need cleaning.
- Check if hard water deposits, either in the operating parts or pipes, are preventing the flow of water from properly draining, or dispersing.
- Monitor your dishwasher to see if it completes its cycle. If the cycle stops mid-wash, it’s likely that water remains sitting in your dishwasher.
- Use a high-quality detergent like Finish® Quantum® along with Finish® Jet Dry® to achieve perfect results every time.
- Use Finish® Dishwasher Deep Cleaner Liquid to safely and effectively break down and remove mineral build up that’s inside your machine, including hard-to-reach parts like the heating element and sprayer arms.
- Follow a regimented monthly dishwasher cleaning cycle using Finish® Dishwasher Cleaners to help maintain you dishwasher and keep it working at its best.
How to Clean Your Dishwasher Using Finish® Dishwasher Cleaner:
- Remove the sticker from the top of the Finish® Dishwasher Deep Cleaner Liquid bottle.
- Place the bottle upside down inside the silverware basket or in a secure position.
- Run the dishwasher without any soap or detergent on the longest and hottest cycle (e.g. pots & pans).
Repeat this process once a month to maintain peak dishwasher performance. In between these cleanings, you can use Finish® In-Wash Dishwasher Cleaner Tablets once a week with a regular full cycle to help keep you dishwasher clean and fresh. Unlike the liquid cleaner, the in-wash cleaner does not require an empty wash cycle.