TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern the sale of products by Universal Meridian Ecommerce Limited a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 12306116 and our registered address is 11 – 12 St. James's Square, London, SW1Y 4LB, United Kingdom (“Meridian”) to you (“you”/”your”) on this website (the “Website”).
We offer a wide range of products, and sometimes additional terms may apply to specific portions or features of the Website, including , promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made a part of these Terms by this reference. We will direct you to the additional terms and conditions at the time that you interact with us and/or the brands for sale on this Website in relation to the relevant product or feature. Please read such additional applicable terms and conditions carefully.
- INFORMATION ABOUT US
- We are Universal Meridian Ecommerce Limited a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 12306116 and our registered address is 11 – 12 St. James's Square, London, SW1Y 4LB, United Kingdom. We are authorised to sell the products on this Website by RB UK Hygiene Home Commercial Ltd (“RB”) (a company registered under registration number 11284867) whose registered office is at 103-105 Bath Road, Slough, Berks, SL1 3UH.
- Questions or Complaints
- If you have any questions, complaints or comments on these Terms and Conditions of Sale or your orders for the products, please contact us here. If you have any questions, complaints or comments on the products please contact RB utilising the contact details provided on the relevant product packaging
- Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our Website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device’s display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The product sent to you product may vary slightly from those images.
- The packaging of the product may vary from that shown in images on our Website.
- We may change the product:
- to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to implement minor technical adjustments and improvements, for example to address a security threat. These changes will not affect your use of the product
1.The ordering process and order confirmations
- If you place an order for a product on our Website by following the steps set out on our Website, this order will constitute an offer by you to us to purchase the relevant product(s). All orders are subject to availability and to acceptance by us. The contract for purchase of the relevant product(s) is only entered into when we send you an email confirming acceptance of your offer or displays to you a confirmation screen confirming acceptance of your offer and payment has been received by Meridian.
- We will assign an order number to your order and tell you what it is when we accept your order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about your order.
- We reserve the right not to accept and/or to cancel an order for any reasonable reason including, but not limited to, where:
- we have not been able to obtain authorisation for payment;
- the product is out of stock;
- we have identified an error in the price or description of the product;
- we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified;
- the information you have provided in respect of your order is corrupted, unsupported technically or inadequate for any reason;
- your order breaches any of these Terms; or
- we have reasonable grounds to believe your order is fraudulent.
- If we cannot accept or cancel your order, we will contact you to explain this and any sums paid will be refunded in accordance with these Terms.
- Delivery OR Collection
- The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our Website. These will be made available prior to you finalising your order and may depend on different options you have chosen for delivery.
- During the order process you may be able to choose a delivery method and timeframe. If not specified we will deliver them to you as soon as reasonably possible. We will do our best to keep you updated and ensure you can track your delivery’s progress and latest estimated delivery date. If you have any questions about delivery of your order, please contact us here.
- The Website is solely for the promotion and sale of our products in the UK (including Northern Ireland). Unfortunately, we do not accept orders from addresses outside the UK (we only deliver to UK Mainland).
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay, you may contact us to receive a refund for any products that have been paid for but not received.
- If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may cancel your order and you may have to compensate us and/or our selling agent for the costs we will have incurred as a result.
- We will not be responsible for supplying the products late or not supplying any part of them if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- Prices and payment
- The price due and payable by you for the products you are intending to purchase shall be as stated on this Website at the time you place your order except in the case of obvious or manifest error. Prices may change at any time but price changes will not affect confirmed and accepted orders placed prior to the date of any such change. If the price of a product is obviously wrong, we will not be obliged to provide the relevant product to you at that price and will give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order, in which case we will refund any incorrect payments collected in respect of such order in accordance with these Terms.
- Prices shown on the Website are inclusive of VAT at the applicable rate.
- When making your payment, it is imperative that you provide the information that the Website specifies is required. Your bank or credit card will be debited immediately upon placing your order. During the checkout process, you will be asked to enter your payment details. By completing your payment details you confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours and/or you have authority to use it. All fields indicated as compulsory must be completed. We do not sell products for purchase by children.
- If you think an invoice is wrong, please contact us here promptly to let us know. You will not have to pay any interest until the dispute is resolved. Once the dispute is resolved we will charge you interest on correctly invoiced sums from the original due date.
- When the Products become your responsibility
- A product will be your responsibility from the time we deliver the product to the address you gave us. Ownership of, or title to the products shall not pass to you until we have received payment in full.
- Changes, Cancellation, returns and refunds
- Cancelling your order and therefore ending your contract because of something we have done or are going to do. If you are ending a contract for a reason set out at sections 9.1.1 to 9.1.5 below the contract will end immediately and we will refund you in full for any products which have not been provided and you may also be entitled to compensation. The reasons are:
- we have told you about an upcoming change to the product or these terms which you do not agree to;
- we have told you about an error in the price or description of the product you have ordered and you do not wish to proceed;
- there is a risk that supply of the products may be significantly delayed because of events outside our control;
- we have suspended supply of the products for technical reasons, or notify you we are going to suspend them for technical reasons,; or
- you have a legal right to cancel your order because of something we have done wrong.
- Exercising your right to change your mind. If you are a consumer then for most products bought online you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of receipt of the product(s) and receive a refund without undue delay including the initial delivery costs (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). This is subject to exception in section 9.4 below and certain deductions may be applicable (for example to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them).
- To exercise the right to change your mind and to cancel, you must inform us of your decision by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail), please contact us here. To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- Your right as a consumer to change your mind does not apply in respect of a number of specific types of products including (but not limited to):
- products that are sealed for health protection or hygiene purposes, once these have been unsealed after you receive them;
- products that are supplied by a health care professional under a prescription;
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised; and
- any products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
- Ending the contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you do not have a right to change your mind, you can still end the contract before the product is delivered and paid for, but you may have to pay us compensation. Just contact us here to let us know. The contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid for products not provided but we may deduct from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) reasonable compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the contract.
- We will pay the costs of return:
- if the products are faulty or misdescribed;
- if you are ending the contract because we have told you of an upcoming change to the product or these terms, an error in pricing or description, a delay in delivery due to events outside our control or because you have a legal right to do so as a result of something we have done wrong;
- if you are exercising your right to change your mind within fourteen (14) days and have not use the product or altered the packaging.
In all other circumstances you must pay the costs of return including if we are collecting the product from you.
- How we will refund you. If you are eligible for a refund, we will reimburse the price paid for the relevant product onto the credit or debit card that it was paid with.
- Your rights in respect of defective products
- If you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with the contract between you and us.See section 10.3 below for a summary of your key legal rights in respect of defective products. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights.
- This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06. If your product is goods (for example a beauty product or another object), the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Up to 30 days: if your goods are faulty, then you can get an immediate refund.
- Up to six months: if your goods cannot be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund, in most cases.
- Up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back.
SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE ADDENDUM
1. Subscription Service
1.1. Some of the products that we sell through our website can be purchased on a subscription basis (‘Subscription Service’). You can use our Subscription Service to receive repeat orders of products where this option is available on the website.
1.2. Our Subscription Service is available for customers located in mainland UK only.
1.3. The Subscription Service should not be used by business customers to purchase products for resale. We may suspend or cancel your subscription if we reasonably believe that you are reselling products that you purchase through the Subscription Service.
2. How to use our Subscription Service
2.1. You will need a customer account to use the Subscription Service. If you do not already have an account, you can sign up for one here.
2.2. To use our Subscription Service, simply choose the product that you would like to order and select the subscription option. You will be asked to confirm how often you would like the products to be delivered, your payment details and your delivery address before check-out.
2.3. We will send you e-mail confirmation of your subscription after you have checked out. We will also e-mail you to notify you of each upcoming order (“Upcoming Order E-mail”) and to confirm when each order has been dispatched (“Dispatch E-mail”). You should review these e-mails carefully to check that your subscription is correct and contact us immediately if there are any errors.
3. Changing or cancelling your subscription
3.1. You can change, pause or cancel your subscription at any time by visiting the ‘Manage Your Subscription’ page. Any change, pause or cancellation of your subscription will apply from the next order for which we have not already sent you a Dispatch E-mail. If you change, pause or cancel your subscription, you will still be charged for any orders that have been dispatched and confirmed in our Dispatch E-mail.
3.2. We reserve the right to pause or cancel your subscription at any time. If we pause or cancel your subscription, we shall notify you by e-mail and will only charge you for products that have already been dispatched.
4. Payment for our Subscription Service
4.1. Payment for your first order will be charged when you first sign up to the Subscription Service. Each subsequent order will be charged when your products are dispatched. By signing up to our Subscription Service, you authorise us to charge you for each order until your subscription is cancelled.
4.2. The price for each order will be that stated on our website at the time your first order is processed and will be confirmed in the Upcoming Order E-Mail. Unless otherwise stated, promotions, discounts, gift cards and offers (such as ‘buy one get one free’) will not apply to products ordered through our Subscription Service.
4.3. If your subscription ends or is cancelled for any reason, you will be liable to pay for all orders that have been dispatched, as confirmed by a Dispatch E-mail.
4.4. If we are unable to collect payment from you using the payment details that you have provided, your subscription will be automatically paused. We shall inform you by e-mail if we are unable to collect payment from you. Your subscription will be paused until we are able to collect payment.
5. Product availability
5.1. From time to time, our products may be unavailable either because they are temporarily out- of-stock, or the product has been permanently discontinued or removed from our Subscription Service. We reserve the right to change your subscription where products are unavailable.
5.2. If a product is temporarily out-of-stock, we may remove it from your subscription until it next available. You will not be liable to pay for any products that are not dispatched to you.
5.3. We may substitute products that are unavailable with similar products that we believe are a suitable replacement. We will inform you in our Upcoming Order E-mail if a replacement product has been added to your subscription. If you do not wish to receive a replacement product, you may remove it from your order by visiting the ‘Manage Your Subscription’ page
1. Other Important Terms
- Please ensure that you have read and understood these documents as this means that by accepting these Terms you accept the terms of the below documents as well: [website access terms and conditions;
- Cookies Policy
- How we may use your personal information
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and only uses any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Our LIABILITY
- The following will apply:
- You have certain legal rights, including that we will provide products of a satisfactory quality. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled. Please see section 10 above [Your rights in respect of defective products] for a summary of your rights in respect of defective products. For more information about your legal rights in the UK contact your local Citizens Advice Service, visit the Citizens Advice website (www.adviceguide.org.uk) or call 03454 04 05 06 or contact the Trading Standards Service.
- We will be responsible for losses and damage that you might suffer which are:
- caused by our breach of these Terms;
- a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us when place the order on the Website;
- a result of our failure to provide the Website (or any part of it) or withdrawal of products from the Website or a result of our refusal to accept an order for any reason;
- a result of your user name and password being used by someone else or any unauthorised access to your personal information (unless this is due to our negligence);
- caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, virus or other technologically harmful material that may affect your computer equipment, programs, data or other material due to your use of the Website (including your downloading any content from the Website or any website linked to it); or
- caused by failure to meet any of our obligations where we are prevented from doing so by events beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident, terrorist activity and acts of God).
- These Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the use of the Website and no representation, statement or inducement (whether oral or written) not contained in these Terms (as updated from time to time) shall be binding on either you or us.
- If any provision of these Terms is found by a court or a regulator to be illegal, void, invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply and such provision shall be replaced by another provision which, being valid in all respects, shall have an effect as close as possible to that of the replaced provision.
- These Terms are not intended to give rights to anyone except you and us (including any of our affiliates). Except for RB that shall have the right to enforce these Terms, none of these Terms will be enforceable by any other third party including (if you are domiciled in the UK) any enforcement through the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will contact you to let you know if we plan to do this. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract within 30 days of us telling you about it and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for products not provided.
- If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaching these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- In the event of any dispute between you and us arising out of or in connection with these Terms, the laws of England and Wales will apply.
- If you are a consumer and if you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you are a consumer and if you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- If you are a consumer and if you live in England or if you are a business, the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes (including non-contractual disputes or claims) that may arise out of or in connection with these Terms.
These Terms were last updated on 20th of January 2022
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.