“If you take care of your tools, then they’ll take care of you” is a well-worn idea. But it’s just as important to remember this advice when it comes to taking care of your kit in the kitchen as it is anywhere else in life. As with most of the machines in your kitchen, from the kettle to the fridge, they all need a good cleaning, from time to time, both in and out.
In the case of your dishwasher, this is particularly important, since the cleanliness of your dishwasher is directly related to the cleanliness and hygiene of the plates and glasses – from which you eat and drink.
Grease and limescale can clog the pipes of your machine, as well as interfere with the spraying arm. Your machine can also begin to produce bad odors and fail to reach its full temperature while in action if it is not cleaned regularly. It is suggested that you use Dishwasher Cleaner once a month so as to prevent this grime and limescale from building up, and to make sure that your dishwasher is always running at optimal performance.
At Finish, we care about helping you with this difficult task, as some of the most important parts of your machine are those parts which are most difficult to clean. We also realize that the easier it is to clean your machine, the more likely it is that your machine will stay as clean as it can. We often get asked about our Finish Dishwasher Cleaner and how best to use it, so here are some handy hints and tips to make the process as easy as possible.
When using Finish® Dishwasher Cleaner:
- Ensure that your machine is empty, and do not use other soap or detergent.
- Place the bottle upside down while keeping the lid on the bottle (but, instead, remove the sticker.
- Close the door and set the machine to a high/intense heat cycle, and then begin the cycle.
- Once the cycle is finished, remove the bottle, recycle it, and use your dishwasher safe in the knowledge that it can work at optimum efficiency.
- Repeat around once a month after regular use.
I hope that answers some questions you may have about using a Dishwasher Cleaner and why it’s important to keep your machine clean. A small investment of time once a month to maintain your dishwasher pays out great rewards, improving efficiency and giving you much more opportunity to spend your time doing the things you love.