Always make sure you place your Finish® liquid dishwasher detergent into the dispenser, usually located on the inside of the dishwasher door. Be sure to wipe up any residue that might have spilled to avoid suds escaping your machine!
When it comes to choosing dishwasher detergent, liquids vs. tabs makes a difference. Liquid detergents dissolve quickly and offers flexibility to dose as much or as little as you like. However, they often lack the cleaning power delivered by their multi-benefit solid counterparts. Tabs deliver both excellent cleaning and shine performance and are easy to dose without any risk of spillage.
Both dishwasher liquid and powder have their own unique benefits.
Liquid dishwasher detergent may be your first choice because:
It is the most time-effective solution, as it doesn’t need time to dissolve like dishwasher powder
There is less chance of spillage due to our slow pourer, as well as being easier to wipe away than granules
It’s water-based, and therefore less abrasive on delicate tableware such as glasses and dishes
Your liquid dishwashing detergent should be stored in a dry environment and like all cleaning products, out of the reach of children.
If you’re looking for a dishwashing detergent that is quick, easy to use and suitable for fragile glasses and dishes, then our liquid dishwashing detergent could be the one for you.
Dishwasher tablets contain many ingredients to work hard in your dishwasher. The surfactants, when mixed with water, pick up and wash away food debris from dishes. Tablets also include enzymes that break down and eat away at starchy foods and proteins. Builder help tackle issues caused by hard water, and safe bleaches remove tough stains.
Once you’ve put your dishwasher tablet into the detergent dispenser compartment, your machine will release the contents at the optimal time allowing the tab to disintegrate into the water, release all ingredients and clean your dishes!
Dishwasher tablets are incredibly simple to use. If needed, remove any protective packaging (only some Finish tablets have wrapping that needs to be removed), pop the tablet into your detergent dispensing compartment, close the compartment, turn on your washing machine and let technology and Finish® handle the rest!
For detailed information on how to use Finish Quantum® Tablets, read on below.
1. Place one tablet in the main detergent cup and close. * It is important that both Quantum® and the detergent cup are dry.
2. Handle with dry hands only. The wrapper-free tabs are designed to release their contents quickly in water.
3. Always reseal pack after use. Store away from heat and moisture.
4. Make sure all items are dishwasher safe & follow the manufacturer´s instructions.
5. Run dishwasher. The optimal water temperature is 125° – 140° F.
For perfect results, add Finish Jet-Dry® Rinse Aid to help remove spots, improve dryness and leave a streak free shine.
For detailed information on how to use Finish Max-In-1 tabs, read on below.
1. Place the wrapped tablet in the main dishwasher detergent dispenser and close. Use one fully dissolving tablet per wash load.
2. Make sure all items are dishwasher safe and separate silver from stainless steel. Wash metal items according to manufacturer’s instructions.
3. Run dishwasher. The optimal water temperature is 125° – 140° F.
Wondering how to use Deep Clean Finish Powerball® Tabs?
Take a look at our detailed instructions below.
1. Remove one tablet from its protective wrapper.
2. Place the unwrapped tablet in the main dishwasher detergent dispenser and close. Use one fully dissolving tablet per wash load.
3. Make sure all items are dishwasher safe and separate silver from stainless steel. Wash metal items according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Run dishwasher. The optimal water temperature is 125° – 140° F.
Wondering whether you need to remove the plastic from your tablet? We go into more detail below.
Detergent tablets should always be placed in the detergent dispenser compartment.
If you’re placing the tablet at the bottom of the dishwasher it’s likely that it will dissolve too quickly, releasing the detergent during the prewash and leaving no detergent for the main wash cycle. This will reduce the efficiency of your wash.
The standard shelf life of dishwasher tablets is two years but it’s best not to stockpile Finish® products in case the product and its packaging deteriorates over time.
While using an out-of-date dishwasher tablet isn’t going to cause any damage to your kitchenware or dishwasher, it may be less effective than when used within the correct timeframe.
Whether you need to remove the plastic from your dishwasher tablet depends on the product you have bought. If the tablet comes individually, loosely wrapped, like Finish Deep Clean Powerball tablets, you should remove the plastic wrap before using. If you bought Finish Quantum or Finish Max in 1, you do not need to remove any wrapper.
Dishwasher tablets should only go in the dishwasher detergent compartment of your dishwasher, not loose in the dishwasher itself.