- 1 lb ground beef 70-80% lean
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Taco shells
- 8 white corn tortillas
- ½ cup oil canola / vegetables
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, break up the beef with a spatula while its in the pan. Cook the beef fully, until browned and no longer pink.
- Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Then return it to the stove and reduce the heat to low.
- Add the ½ cup of tomato sauce and the spices to season the ground beef. Stir together until the meat is coated in the sauce.
- Let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- FRY TORTILLAS: pour ½ cup of oil into a medium sized skillet on medium high heat. Slowly dip the tortilla in the oil, and fry on each side for about 30 seconds, just so it has some color and crispiness.
- Put the tortilla on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil and carefully fold it into a taco shape using either tongs or forks to shape the tortilla.
- Fill the tortilla shell with ground beef taco meat and any other toppings.
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.