- 1 box refrigerated pie crusts (2 count), softened as directed on box
- 6 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (6 medium)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425°F. In an ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate, place 1 pie crust. Press pie crust firmly against the sides and bottoms.
- In large bowl, gently mix the filling ingredients, then spoon into the crust-lined plate. Top with second pie crust. Wrap excess top crust under bottom crust edge, pressing edges together to seal. Flute the edge using your fingers, fork or spoon. In the top crust, cut shapes or slits in several places.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is golden brown. After the first 15-20 minutes of baking, cover the edge of the crust with 2- to 3-inch wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Cool on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours before serving.
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.