- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and garlic, lower heat to medium, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- When the potatoes are almost done, add milk and butter in a small saucepan and heat on low until butter is melted.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Slowly add in milk and butter mix, blending with an electric mixer or potato masher until smooth and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.