- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into small 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
- sea salt and freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 3 cups Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 can or jar of red enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare your enchilada sauce.
- Heat oil in large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add green chiles and diced chicken. Sauté the mix, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Add beans and stir until evenly combined. Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, set up the ingredients on the counter: tortillas, enchilada sauce, chicken mixture, and cheese. Lay out a tortilla, and spread roughly two tablespoons of sauce over the surface. Add a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with roughly 1/3 cup cheese. Roll up the tortilla and place in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Repeat for the remaining enchiladas. Add any additional sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle extra cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 350 fahrenheit, until the enchiladas are cooked through and the tortillas are slightly crisp on the outside. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack or trivet. Serve hot!
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.