- 8 oz macaroni noodles
- ½ cup finely diced sweet gherkins usually 4-6 sweet gherkins for me
- ¾ cup finely diced red bell pepper about ½ pepper
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced celery about 1-2 stalks
- ⅓ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, finely diced
For the Salad Dressing
- ¾ cup mayonnaise I use olive oil mayo (175g)
- ¼ cup sour cream (70g)
- 2 Tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar*
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Prepare macaroni noodles as per package instructions. Then drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil and stir so the noodles don't stick together as they sit.
In a bowl, mix macaroni noodles with sweet pickles, red pepper, celery, red onion, and eggs. Stir until well-combined. Set aside and prepare your dressing.
For the dressing
To prepare your salad dressing, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, sweet pickle juice, sugar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper (if using) in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until ingredients are well-combined.
Pour dressing over your macaroni salad ingredients and toss until well-combined.
For best flavor, cover bowl and allow macaroni salad to chill for at least one hour. Then stir before serving and enjoy!
Don't Miss a Thing
Sign-up to receive helpful tips, news and exclusive offers.